In this section, we will give a better understanding of the financial management in your account. Billing, receiving payments, paying out users, managing account balances, and integrating payment systems are all covered in this section.
Terms and definitions
- Server – a server that serves ads on our platform
- Manager –server administrator
- User –user either created by the Manager or registered independently. Publisher and Advertiser are two possible user roles.
The transactions are the foundation of your account's financial management system. They show the history of users’ balances. Users' balance is calculated as the difference of all inbound and outbound transactions.
Transactions, therefore, provide you with a complete view of what the balance of your users is at any one time.
Related to advertiser's balance
- Deposit – transaction inbound into the advertisers' accounts (i.e., a payment)
- Billing – outbound transaction, payment for advertising services
- Refund – returning funds to an advertiser in an outbound transaction
- Adv.other IN – pending inbound transactions to correct balance
- Adv.other OUT – pending outbound transactions to correct balance
Related to publisher's balance
- Revenue – inbound transaction, revenue generated by publishers
- Payout – outbound transaction, funds leaving a publisher account
- Pub. reward – inbound transaction for referral program reward
- Pub.other IN – inbound transaction for balance correction
- Pub.other OUT – inbound transaction for balance correction
The Manager can manage their own financial management and enter transactions into the system manually. However, the ad server can automatically create these transactions, which could be more efficient. The Finance/Transactions menu offers access to transaction management. Both managers and users (publishers and advertisers) can use this menu, with managers having access to modify any transactions they view. The users are only permitted to view their own transactions.
Effectively, manually entered transactions may be used to manage funds. The downside is that it might take a lot of your time, especially when you need to manage a large number of people.
Based on advertising information, automatic billing can create transactions on demand.
The billing process restarts on daily basis. The system generates revenue and billing transactions for publishers and advertisers based on the previous day's information (UTC time zone).
The billing process runs independently of the statistics. As a result, the statistics' impressions number cannot be modified. However, if more transactions are required, they can be made, if you want, for example, to penalize your Publishers for delivering fraudulent traffic or engaging in any other form of dishonesty.
Automatic billing is by default disabled. In the Settings / Common / Finance menu, you may turn it on.
The manager must specify the minimum payout amount in the Settings to enable payouts. After that, the Finance/Payouts tab will be enabled for both the manager and publishers.
Publishers are able to submit payout requests with a predetermined payout sum. The value shouldn't be greater than the payment amount. The difference of all inbound transactions (revenue) and all outbound transactions (payouts) determines the amount that is available for payout. It is important to remember that users need to fill out the Payment details on their profiles.
The Manager receives notification of a successful payout request. They should send a payment to the publisher and then change the payout's status to "Completed." A Payout transaction will be generated as a result, and the user's balance will be updated in result.
The manager may easily handle the payout list in CSV, XLS, etc. by exporting it.
Payout methods may be selected in the Settings / Payout methods menu and are visible on the publisher's profile.
We can set up automatic payment generating for any business clients (e.g. NET7). If you're interested in this functionality, get in touch with the support team.
Both managers and advertisers have a section for finances and payments. Advertisers are unable to create payments in the system by default. They should get in touch with the Manager or the support team for assistance. The payment information section in the Settings can be filled out by the Manager. The Finance/Payments section will thereafter have this information.
The Manager registers a new payment in the Finance/Payments section and update its status to "Completed". A Deposit transaction will be generated as a result, and the modifications in the user's balance will be registered accordingly.
Our platform is connected to third party payment systems. The supported gateways are:
To implement such integration, the account manager should configure gateways in the Settings / Payment gateways menu.
Before configuring the gateway, the Appropriate API keys must be acquired .
Account balance control
Overspend protection gives you more immediate control over your advertiser's balance. To prohibit your advertisers from spending more than their balance allows, you may utilise this option.
Balance control is by default turned off.
In the Settings / Common / Advertiser settings menu, you may activate it.
Managers can access the following two functionalities solely through the 'Users' menu:
- Disable balance control – only accessible if the balance controls functionality is turned on. You can disable balance for some users only, which will result in creating a negative balance for these users. Alerts about low balances won't be delivered in that scenario.
- Exclude from automatic billing – only accessible if the automatic billing function is turned on. You can disable balance for some users only, resulting into not generating transactions for these users.
USD is the platform's default currency. In the Settings / Common / Finance options section, the users may select any currency of their choice. The use of several currencies at the same time is not supported on our platform.
Financial management – summary
In this section, we explained the most important aspects of our financial management features. For further questions, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.